I can’t believe its been literally a year and a half since I last blogged and I’m coming back with the most cliché, eye-roll title.
There hasn’t been a day that writing didn’t cross my mind, but employment happened and I really don’t know how people juggle the two things.
So here’s my 2019 in summary:
- Work got manic from January. I was working my ass off in a job I hated from 9am-6pm (usually more) Monday-Friday with the occasional Saturday, for literally peanuts
- In April, I went to Guadeloupe as a +1 for a wedding.
- In June I tried personal training
- In August I spent a weekend in Germany exploring where my dad grew up
- In November I went to Singapore for my brother’s wedding, and Malaysia to see where my mum grew up
- In December I quit my job
A pretty uneventful year and yet I feel like so much happened. I certainly learnt a lot.
|11 Ways to Maintain Mental Wellness|
|Cold Weather Skincare Recommendations|
|6 Essentials for a Serene Virtual Spa|
Since I got back from Asia in November, I made a promise to myself to love myself more. That part of the world is so zen, it will work magic on your soul.
I realised that my job was extremely toxic, not just as a daily environment, but also for the fact that I had no time to myself; no time for self care.
That was the first thing that needed to change.
2019 has made me understand just how important self care is, no matter how much people will roll their eyes at that statement.
I also realised that I’ve been in a relationship for 10 years and I want to feel like I’m moving forward with my life. It’s time for me to make a plan to move to France.
I want to start blogging again. I really miss writing.
So here’s the current plan for 2020 (new year, new me!):
- B L O G !
- Get some temporary work so I have the flexibility to leave the country when the time is right and I don’t completely burn through the little savings I have
- Get back into a healthy routine: fitness & nutrition
- Keep reading self-help books. They’re awesome.
2019 was a year of skincare for me. I’m excited to write about some of that, as well as my adventures to different corners of the world.
Find me elsewhere: